Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekend 101

Indian food, baby shower #4, and Maggie's 2nd birthday.  Whew.

I'm pretty wiped out these days, and it seems like the closer we get to Aidan's arrival, the more stuff we have to do.

This weekend I learned how to make Chicken Tikka Masala.  I've never made Indian food (other than basic curry dishes), and I'm loving everything spicy these days so I thought I'd take the plunge and make something new Friday night.  It turned out great.

The chicken and the sauce


Curried cauliflower


The final product with dill yogurt sauce - YUMMY!!


Wow, those pictures are making me hungry.  But then again, what doesn't make me hungry these days?  Dang baby!!  :)

And then on Saturday I had my last baby shower hosted by some of my mother-in-law, Olivia's, church friends.  I had met some of these ladies over the past few years, but there were quite a few new faces in the crowd as well.  Everyone was very friendly and generous, and we had a great time.

And now it's 100% confirmed - Aidan is already spoiled.  As if I didn't already know this...

So today is little Maggie's 2nd birthday.  We took her and Maize to the pet store to pick out some new Kookies (toys) and to get some treats.  After they sniffed everything in the store that could possibly be sniffed and scared the kittens that are up for adoption, we took a walk around the corner at White Rock Lake.  I'm generally always happy to live so close to the lake, but today was a perfect, cool fall day that made me extra appreciative to live so close.

If we were going to send out a Christmas card this year (which we're not), this would have been the money shot.


My name is Raize.  I rove Right Rock Rake.


Happy birthday Mags!!


Peace out,

Stevie

No comments:

Post a Comment